Monday, December 5, 2011

No Regrets & BIG Thanks

When we first started planning this trip my dream destination was South America; I have long wanted to explore there, but for reasons unknown I never did. Our original ticket would see us flying into Brazil and out of Argentina to Australia and then onto Asia. The flights were ready and the dates worked out...all that was left to do was pay. That’s when the sleepless nights started; you know, the part between 6 am and 11am when I would normally be sleeping.

Our flight consultant, the very lovely Scotty, listened to some of our/my concerns: death, kidnapping, bus crashes (Yes all of the usual Cooper craziness) and suggested South Africa may work better for us as a family at this point in our life. That is not to say that all of the above might not happen here, but with a wee one with us South Africa offered us so much more - and boy was he right!

I am very sad to say that Scott has moved on to pastures new and is by all accounts doing a fantastic job in his new chosen field. I could never replace him, but have found a wonderful crazy girl called Barbara who works in Scott’s old branch of Flight Centre, so I annoy her now and she is mad as a hatter...I love her already!

So it is thanks to Scott that I am able to write about Kruger National Park and South Africa. Thanks a million from all of us, it’s perfect.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely awesome Lisa, so glad your all having a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe shucks. Thanks for that guys. Makes it all worthwhile. The guys I left behind in my old office really are travellers and I can fully recommend them to anyone looking to go on an adventure. Great to hear your having a great trip. Hope Perth ( the last of my suggestions and home town ) also ticks a box - very difficult to compare with SA but if your happy just going to the beach and unwinding - then its the bomb ! The Shark diving thing looks brilliant. I so want to do that !

    ReplyDelete