Friday, November 25, 2011

Farewell Home Shores

Quick note before we start...if you want comment on any of the blogs, you have to open up each blog individually by clicking on the title (ie Farewell Home Shores) , then you will find the comment box at the bottom of the page.

....

Today is the day: two idiots and a five year old are heading off to far away shores. This is in fact being written on the very long flight from London to Jo'Burg and the boys are crashed out sleeping. I am my usual insomniac self, struggling with my fear of flying in a tin can forty thousand feet up. Thank God for the wonderful steward who seems happy to let me have wine on tap (sorry school). It certainly helps with the nerves but I fear the blogging may spiral into madness.

For those interested (my Dad), we are on BA 747-400 and the flight is full. It’s still a flying can to me, though perhaps I should now refer to planes as the flying wine house. The service and food has been fine, (first time with BA in a long while and nothing worse than expected). The only small grumble I could have is seat pitch...Singapore Airlines it is not! I do have to take into account that John and Roman seem to be playing twister in their sleep and my seat has unfortunately been included in their game, so perhaps my seating experience could have been improved upon if it weren't for my own traveling companions. Anyone else ever wrapped themselves up in the complimentaryblanket and curled into a ball at the foot of your seat? No? I'm pretty tempted right now, and it's not as if I haven't done it before...though apparently it's frowned upon!


This was really just a quick update to let people know we made the plane, thanks in part to Juliette driving like she was taking part in Formula One. We managed to leave with clothes and all necessary documentation, money, cards and passports. The only things missing are the seal outfits that we were going to play dress up in (whilst being baited to a Great White Shark) but I’m sure they cover that part.

Wow........almost forgot to say Roman met and had his picture taken with Usain Bolt whilst we were at Heathrow. He was a true gentleman and very, very tall and Roman is now asking if everything is as fast as ‘Bolt’.

South Africa is upon us so it's time to start taking the footsteps; we would love for you to come along with us.

Lisa, John & Roman

1 comment:

  1. Flying wine house lol I love it!!! Raised my glass to you, in the tin can in the sky :) so glad you made it through ok. Can't wait to read the new installments :) :) happy animal spotting xx

    ReplyDelete